Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Virginia Vacation













Marie traveled to Santa Fe for a conference this week, the first time that mama has been away since Drew was born. I have a whole new appreciation for the parenting teamwork that Marie and I have, and a new awareness of Drew's nighttime sleeping patterns in particular.

Meanwhile, Mila, Drew, and myself have taken the opportunity to bond with nature over the past couple of days, and to introduce the newest member of our family to Dinosaur Land, my annual pilgrimage destination in White Post, VA. Mila has been enjoying a couple of "Dinotopia" fantasy books that Marie checked out from the library. A protoceratops character from the book, named Bix, has been Mila's alter-ego for most of the day. Following Dinosaur Land, we got our annual pass to Shenandoah National Park and drove on Skyline Drive for awhile. I had to throw in a visit to Charlottesville too, being the hometown of my birth and all.[Can I just say that the lack of formatting in this Blogger app is ridiculous. I apologize for the lack of consistency in the upkeep of this blog, but Blogger makes things much more difficult than they need to be- which is why I'm mostly just using Twitter. OK, rant done.]

No comments: